AfterPay | Play Now, Pay Later
Interest free monthly payments
- Afterpay allows you to pay for your purchase over 4 instalments due every 2 weeks. In some cases, Afterpay may require you to make a payment at the time of purchase.
- You must be over 18 years old and be the authorised holder of an eligible debit/credit card to apply (see clause 2.4 for eligibility criteria).
- All orders are subject to Afterpay’s approval – for example, if you have any overdue payments, Afterpay will not be available to you. For more information on assessment and checks, see clause 6.2
- As part of our approval process, we may conduct a pre-authorisation on your nominated card, up to an amount of your first instalment - see clause 6.2(f)
- You can make repayments to Afterpay any time BEFORE the due date. Otherwise, Afterpay will automatically try process payments on the scheduled dates from your card. If a payment is not processed on or before the due date, late fees will apply – initial $10 late fee, and a further $7 if the payment remains unpaid 7 days after the due date.
- For each order below $40, a maximum of one $10 late fee may be applied per order. For each order of $40 or above, the total of the late fees that may be applied are capped at 25% of the original order value or $68, whichever is less. See Schedule 1.
- If you won’t be able to pay us on time, please contact us as soon as possible. Please click here for more information regarding Hardship.
- The delivery/quality of goods and all refunds is the responsibility of the retailer where you make the purchase.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CARD PRE-AUTHORISATIONS:
As part of our approval process and our assessment as to whether or not you have the capability to fulfil your obligation to make future payments to Afterpay according to the Payment Schedule, we reserve the right to conduct a pre-authorisation of your Nominated Payment Source. This may involve placing funds in the account linked to your Nominated Payment Source on hold each time you make an online purchase, obtain a barcode for an in-store purchase or add a new Card to your Afterpay Account. For online purchases, we immediately instruct your bank to void this pre-authorisation transaction. For in-store, where a barcode is obtained but a purchase does not eventuate, we instruct the bank to void the pre-authorisation if the barcode is cancelled or expires. No funds are received by Afterpay during this process. We cannot guarantee the time it takes for your bank to process this action by us and make your funds available.
PLEASE NOTE: In most circumstances, relevant banks will void a pre-authorisation transaction within a few hours of the pre-authorisation transaction being conducted by Afterpay. However, in some observed instances, banks have taken up to fourteen (14) days to finalise this process. Unfortunately, we do not have any control or influence over the timing of your bank’s ability to finalise this process and Afterpay makes no representations on this subject matter.